If you are interested in joining PNG, we encourage you to come to one or two meetings first. This gives you an opportunity to see if the group is something that would benefit your business. It also gives us a chance to see if you are a good fit for the group.
Membership in PNG is not open to just anyone. Only one person per industry is allowed in the group. For example, if we have an electrician in the group, no other electricians would be allowed to join. Since the primary purpose of PNG is to provide referrals for members, we can’t have two or more members competing for the same referrals.
How to Apply for Membership
If you would like to apply for membership, please read the PNG Policies below then fill out the application form. Your application will be reviewed by the group and if you are invited to join, we will contact you.
Membership dues are $250 per year. The dues go to pay for refreshments at meetings and to help local charities or causes. 100% of the money stays right here in the community that supports our businesses.
All PNG members must agree to abide by the following policies.
- Attendance is critical to the group. A member is allowed three absences every six months (January through June and July through December). More than three absences in a six month period and the member’s classification is subject to being opened by the Membership Committee.
- If a member of PNG is unable to attend a weekly meeting, they may send a non-PNG member substitute in their place to the meeting, which will not count as an absence.
- Members are encouraged to bring visitors and/or referrals to the weekly PNG meetings. PNG reserves the right to establish a minimum number of referrals passed and/or visitors brought in order to maintain membership eligibility. Certain professions may be exempt from these minimum requirements, if such requirements violate their professional code of ethics.
- The only approved leaves of absence shall be medically related and not to exceed a period of up to 12 weeks. Subject to the approval of the membership committee, the member taking a medical leave of absence may designate an individual to take their place during their absence.
- Only one person from each professional classification is permitted to join a chapter of PNG. The Membership Committee will have the final say regarding any classification conflicts.
- PNG members must represent their primary occupation, not a side or part-time business.
- The weekly meetings last up to 90 minutes. Members need to arrive on time and stay for the entire meeting.
- Members cannot be in any other group that allows only one person per profession and whose primary purpose is to pass referrals to one another, because it substantially reduces their commitment to the PNG members. This policy will be strictly enforced.
- Visitors may attend PNG meetings up to two times.
- It is the member’s responsibility to file a concern with the Membership Committee if a visitor who submits an application in any way conflicts with their classification.” This should be done before the visitor is approved for membership. If there are no complaints, the Membership Committee will “assume their consent.”
- Members who wish to change their classification must submit a new membership application and get approval from the Membership Committee for that classification change. No additional fee will be charged.
- In case of problems with a member, Membership Committees may, at their sole discretion, put a member on probation relating to the member’s business practices or commitment to the group (including but not limited to attendance, substitution, tardiness, contribution and overall participation in the group).
- A member’s classification may be opened by the Membership Committee for failure to comply with the PNG policies.
- All PNG membership lists are for the purpose of ‘giving’ referrals and not for soliciting (via e-mail, direct mail, or other means) PNG members without their prior approval.
- All PNG policies and guidelines are subject to change as needed and determined by the Leadership Team and Membership Committee.
- I will provide the quality of services at the price that I have quoted.
- I will be honest with all members of PNG and their referrals.
- I will build good will and trust among members and their referrals.
- I will follow up on all referrals that I receive in a timely manner.
- I will maintain a positive and supportive attitude.
- I will live up to the ethical standards of my profession.